My wife and I would like to thank all of our readers for your support, patience and prayers over the last few years. A few months after releasing The Vanishing Sheila was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The doctors explained she’d lose her vision and eventually her life if the tumor wasn’t removed. The news was heartbreaking and our dreams of having children grew distant. We felt hope slipping away. After copious amounts of research and prayer, the Lord guided us to one of the best Neurosurgeons in the country, and the tumor was successfully removed.
Sheila started feeling better almost immediately and we thought the worst was behind us. It wasn’t until a few months later that her health began to deteriorate rapidly. Aware of a 10% chance the tumor could reemerge, we traveled back to her team of doctors in San Francisco. We discovered the tumor hadn’t grown back, but instead had destroyed 90% of her pituitary gland before being removed. She was diagnosed with Hypopituitarism, a debilitating disease, which will shorten her life without proper medication. We were devastated and spent the next six months fighting with insurance companies to approve coverage of the medication, sometimes spending up to five hours a day on the phone. After filing several appeals the medication was finally approved.
I’m delighted to report Sheila has been receiving her medication for about six months and her health has improved exponentially. Praise God!!! Although it can take a year to feel the medication’s full effect and she still gets very tired, I can see a miraculous change in the way she feels. I’ve seen joyous laughter replace tears of sorrow and not a day goes by I don’t thank the Lord. The experience felt like an emotional roller coaster ride, but God carried us through and every time Sheila smiles, I’m reminded of His glory.
Over the last three years most of my time and energy has been devoted to caring for my wife, while struggling with the insurance and working a full-time job, leaving little left over for writing. It’s taken longer than intended, but I’m pleased to announce the release of book two in The End of Time Chronicles. World War III is currently available on Amazon for pre-order and will be released on Friday October 30, 2015. If you’d like to reserve your copy and have it automatically downloaded to your device on the release date, please click on the link.
We hope you enjoy the second installment and would love to hear your feedback. If you have the time, please take a few minutes and leave a review on Amazon. Also, please stay tuned for the third book in the series, Sons of God, coming soon to a book store near you. Thank you and God Bless!!!